Friday, January 29, 2010

Meet Rebecca

After all the hoopla around Kit, Emma needed an American Girl too. Meet Rebecca--she is a lively New York girl with a flair for dramatics (when we saw that one of her accessories is a dress up trunk, we knew that she was the girl for Emma)


All the kids helped her save chips to "earn" it (I was a little more generous with the chips) Anyway, as usual, Emma does things her own way (do you sense my twitching). So, Emma wants me to make some outfits for her doll and I am more than happy to oblige. I offer some sweet pjs--no. A cute little jumper with a shirt underneath-no, I mean why pick something I've ALREADY done. No, Emma proceeds to look through the pattern book and order "this dress, only with these sleeves, oh and this little thing here.... And to top it off, she wanted it in royal blue satin (I just threw up a little in my mouth). She chose the blue satin because that was pretty much the only thing shiny in my fabric bin. I found this dress at Wal-Mart on clearance from Christmas for $5. Emma wanted to keep it as a dress up dress and still go with the blue satin, but I convinced her it was too small and would make a really cute dress for Rebecca. Here's the finished product (don't look too close) but it was perfect for Emma and Rebecca. All kidding aside, I love that Emma is so different from me and so wonderfully herself. No body is going to put her in a box, that is for sure!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Elegant! I love it. I've always loved the feel of yummy, luxurious fabrics and trims, especially anything that sparkles, so I love Emma's flair for the exuberance of life