Friday, January 22, 2010

A party for my American girl--part 1


Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged. I really want to blog, I'm just busy doing the stuff I want to blog about that I never get around to it. I thought I would try again, this time, with Lucy's 9th birthday celebration. She is not a girl who wants a big to-do come birthday time, just a small celebration with those she feels most comfortable with. We had the best of both worlds with 2 of her cousins and her sweet friend Caitlynn. I think this is a birthday she will always remember.

We made each doll a pj and slippers for the sleepover, and my mom made them all a little party dress. We had more crafts than time, but there is always tomorrow--here are a few of the high lights...
A funny note about the cake, Tori made Lucy an ice cream cake for her actual birthday (which was half eaten) so I had to make her a whole cake for her party...the cake is still whole. Everyone had ice cream cake. We were all singing the praises of the DQ!





Lucy got a couple of outfits from MeeMa. MeeMa is a doll lover and collector. She was quite the seamstress and made beautiful doll clothes. Lucy will treasure these!
We made mini pizzas with mini pepperonis . More mini food to come.
Personalizing mini clip boards (Lucy loves using my Slice cutter).

Caitlynn and Gwen and mod podge--
Here we are on craft #2, matching necklaces for the girls and their dolls.
The finished products...
Recipe for these cute little necklaces. So fun and easy!|

We ended the night with a movie, of course it was "Kit Kittredge, An American Girl" Tomorrow, we have a couple more crafts and some mini cooking to do.

Good night, sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Those polka-dot pj's are adorable, and I love knowing the back story being your mom that they were made from one of Lucy's tee-shirts that she had outgrown--so sentimental and so green! Tori loved your AG creations so much she said, "I want Stephanie to be my American Girl style designer!"

Household Executive said...

Such a fun party! You are so crafty...I love it! I also love that the recipe for the necklaces included Starbucks.

Mindi Patty